👑 Congratulations to this year's winner! 👑
1st place - "Little April Shower" by Bastien Lepesant, lgilli, jane-pr, Alexis Roumier
2nd place - "Cardening" by oHoodie, Humane Tiger
3rd place - "Nebby Neighbour" by TheoClarke, Chloe/Zaetu (we are the hosts so the 3rd place prize is deferred to 4th place...)
4th place - "Spring Park" by Arzza, r3david, DuffusWaffleButt, ppedneault
Thanks so much to everyone who signed up and joined!
Make sure to also join us for SPOOKY 2D JAM 2022, join the 2D GAME JAMMERS DISCORD SERVER to stay up to date! 👇
🌞🍀 Calling all 2D game devs! 🍀🌞
Spring 2D Jam is back on the weekend of April 29th-May 1st 2022 - come and make a spring-inspired 2D game in 48 hours!
💰 The overall winner gets a $20 gift card, 2nd place = $15, 3rd place = $10 💰
This jam takes place over the May Day weekend , running from 6pm BST (1pm ET / 10am PST) on Friday 29th April to 6pm on Sunday 1st May. Voting will run for 5 days, with the results revealed at 6pm on Friday 6th May. All skill levels are welcome!
The theme was "GARDENS"!
The 1st/2nd/3rd place submissions will win gift cards for a platform of the winner's choosing (e.g Steam, Itch.io) - $20, $15, and $10 in that order! If the winning submission is made by a team, each member will get an equal split of the prize. I'll contact the submitter of the winning project shortly after the results are revealed to sort out the prize.
The rules are as follows;
- Your game should be 2D. You can use any engine or tools you want as long as the final game is 2D. ("2.5D" is also allowed but other jammers might have a different definition of "2.5D" and vote your game down for it.)
- Try to make your game relevant to the theme, and relevant to springtime in general.
- You cannot submit a game that you made or started making before the jam began. The game must be specifically for this jam.
- It is highly preferred that all assets are created during the 48 hour jam period. However, you can use premade assets, but you MUST declare this in the game's description!
- You can work solo or as part of a team of any size.
- No excessive/offensive gore or horror. Try and make something suitable for all ages!
- No NSFW content or any content that could be considered racist/sexist/homophobic etc.
- Please keep any discussion with fellow jammers respectful, and just be nice in general!
🗳️ RATING CRITERIA:
Rating will be open for 5 days after the jam closes. The rating criteria is as follows (with equal weight for each criteria):
- Gameplay / Fun
- Graphics / Visuals
- How much do you like the game overall?
- Is it relevant to spring and does it follow the theme?
The jam's hashtag is #Spring2DJam so feel free to use it to help spread the word or share your progress during the jam! 🌞🍀🐇